Ed has been known to disrupt the status quo and think outside the boxthat improves engineering, operations and security. He is a veteran in cyber security, risk and infrastructure with a proven track record of building and maintaining lean efficient teams. Mostrecently, he developed and implemented an ISO 27001 Risk Management program, and SOC2 Type II and PCI compliancerequirementsfor a software integration company that increased sales opportunities by 30% with fortune 500 companies.
As a CISO and Risk Executive, he specializes in corporate and enterprise security, development of cyber defense programs for cloud-based companies, and business operations protecting company and customer’s sensitive and critical resources. Ed has worked extensively in different industry sectors and his diverse career spans more than 30 years in the military, health care, banking & financial, and software companies. Some of his roles have included:
- VP Engineering & Ops, CISO, Cloud Elements
- Director, Third Party Risk Assessments, CyberGRX
- Executive Director, Technology Risk Management, Kaiser Permanente
- SVP, Security and Risk, Home Loans, Bank of America
- CISO, Raytheon Polar Services, for National Science Foundation
His interest includingstudying theology topics, road cycling, golf, and hunting